If you're celebrating an anniversary or just attending the party, chances are you may be looking for the right wording for the occasion. A nice romantic quote about love and marriage can be used on invitations, favors, toasts or even written in the card to the happy couple. Here's nine tips to help you decide on just the right saying.
1. Search for quotes about old fashioned love by going high tech. Forget the dusty, old quotation books. You can find a lot more great anniversary sayings faster and easier if you search online. You'll discover countless websites with collections of romantic wording just right for this special occasion.
2. Use the right keywords. Don't limit yourself to looking for just "anniversary quotes" in your favorite search engine. If you haven't found exactly the right quotation, try expanding your search with words such as love, wedding, and marriage.
3. Check your local greeting card or party supply store. Browse through anniversary cards and party supplies for wording imprinted on their products. If you find sentiments that inspire you, borrow them.
4. Keep a journal of all the best candidates. Every time you find an anniversary quote that you like, write it down or copy and paste it into a file on your computer. After you've assembled your own collection of top quotations, you can decide which one you like best.
5. Define the occasion. One direction you could take with these quotes is to find a nicely worded definition, for example:
* Anniversary - a time to celebrate the beauty, the gift, and the blessing of enduring love.
* A celebration of yesterday's dream fulfilled, tomorrow's promise renewed.
* A wedding is an event, but a marriage is an achievement.
* A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity. The order varies for any given year.
6. It stands the test of time. Another approach would be to focus on the length of this happy marriage. It is certainly an achievement to stay together for a long time, and these quotes celebrate that.
* Side by side - Year by year!
* Grow old with me! The best is yet to be. - Robert Browning
* He is blessed in love alone, Who loves for years and loves but one. - Sir A. Hunt
* Those who love deeply never grow old. - Sir Arthur Wing Pinero
7. Obtain some wisdom from the Bible. Whether you want to put a spiritual slant on the happy occasion or just want to find some beautiful words, you might want to check out these verses:
* There are three things that last: faith, hope and love, and the greatest of these is love. - I Corinthians 13:13
* I found the one my heart loves. -Song of Solomon 3:4
* Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. - Song of Solomon 8:7
* Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
-1 Corinthians 13:4-8
8. Use a year appropriate quote. Whatever year of marriage the couple is celebrating, you can find a saying that will draw attention to that milestone. Some examples of this type of quotation are:
* 25th Anniversary - a celebration of love as bright and enduring as silver.
* 50 Years of sharing happy years and tough times make a marriage stronger and more valuable than pure gold.
* Here's to fifty (substitute any number) wonderful years! Not a bad start.
9. Go for the romantic classics. Another possibility would be to choose a quote that captures the essence of true, enduring love, such as:
* What's the earth with all its art, verse, music worth - compared with love, found, gained, and kept? - Robert Browning
* Chance cannot change love, nor time impair, for love is more than a feeling. Love is a decision, a commitment to care forever.
* For you see, each day I love you more. Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow. - Rosemonde Gerard
It doesn't take much time or effort to discover some great romantic anniversary quotes. Do a little browsing through quotations and take some notes. Then when you find just the right words, it will add a lovely sentiment to the party.